Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Thank you...



My to-be-read pile is huge. It's made bigger because I'm in graduate school and thus reading for pleasure is something I don't get to do often. Yet there are those authors that, as soon as they publish a book, I am going to buy it and start reading. I want to take a minute and acknowledge those authors and say thank you for the pleasure they've given me. So to:

Nikki Duncan
Jennifer Estep
Liliana Hart
Candace Havens
Mark Henry
Nicole Peeler
Vicki Lewis Thompson
Jaye Wells

Thank you for doing what seems impossible. You take the English language and you pluck out words and put them to paper. You create characters that then come to life and put your words into action so that as we read these characters become real to us. For a few hours (in my wife's case) or a few weeks (*grumble* stupid grad school taking up all my time *grumble*) we can lose ourselves in the world you have created. So keep writing and I'll keep reading anything and everything you publish.

1 comment:

  1. David, one of the reasons I love writing dialogue for my characters is that in real life people seldom know their lines. But you do. Recent example: I posted on twitter that I was struggling toward the end of my deadline book. You replied, "Vicki, you've got this." Perfect. Exactly what I need to hear. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete