Tuesday, March 3, 2015

It's been too long since I last posted but life has been a little crazy. On January 25th my wife saw a home online she loved, we looked at it, and by February 25th we were moving in having sold our house in two days. To say it's been a whirlwind month would be an understatement. On top of this I also took my End of Program (EOP) exam for graduate school. I'm in my last semester of getting my master's degree in Library Science and the EOP was my last big hurdle. We were given ten questions and had to select three and write a paper on each one. You either pass all three or fail all three and can take the EOP again one time if you fail. If you don't pass the second time you are out of the program. Now that the move and the EOP are behind me I want to dedicate myself to posting regularly to this blog.

I'll be graduating in May and have 36 boxes of books that I packed some of which I've not had a chance to read. I am looking forward to getting to unpack them and start reading again for pleasure. Not to say I'm not reading for pleasure now because I'm taking a class called Adult Materials and Reading Interests and I love it! We study a different fiction genre each week and have to write a short report on the book we read that fits that genre. This week's report, due Wednesday, is all about romance. Needless to say I'm in my element this week unlike a few weeks ago when we covered westerns or the week we covered inspirational fiction. But even though these are not two genres in which I usually read I did enjoy the novels I picked as it exposed me to what's being written in those categories. That in turn has helped me already with book recommendations and will help me as I graduate and become a librarian.

No comments:

Post a Comment